Now in its twelfth year, Class 46 is dedicated to European trade mark law and practice. This weblog is written by a team of enthusiasts who want to spread the word and share their thoughts with others.
Who we all are...
WEDNESDAY, 16 DECEMBER 2020
Information from UK IPO: Bulk change of address
MARQUES is sharing the latest information regarding Brexit and the end of the transition period on 31 December 2020. This information comes from the UK Intellectual Property Office, who should be contacted directly if there are any queries.
From 13 January until 31 March 2021, the IPO will provide a temporary service to process high volume requests from customers with 50 or more newly created, comparable trade marks and re-registered designs to update their representative addresses.
Why we are offering this service
- The newly created comparable trade marks and re-registered designs will contain the representative name and address recorded at the EUIPO at the end of the transition period.
- This means that many of these comparable trade marks and re-registered designs will have an EEA based representative address.
- Under the rules of the Withdrawal Agreement between the EU and UK, the IPO will not insist on a UK address for service for these rights for three years following 1 January 2021.
- Owners and their representatives do not need to do anything as existing EEA addresses can remain for 3 years.
- However, we are aware that many firms intend to change representative addresses on comparable trade marks and re-registered designs to a UK-based address for service at the end of the transition period.
The bulk filing solution
- From the 13 January, representatives will be able to submit a spreadsheet alongside a single TM33 or DF1A to a specific email account (to be confirmed).
- All cases on a spreadsheet must be moving from one single representative ID to another.
- We will accept multiple owners on one request, but will require separate spreadsheets for trade marks and designs.
- You must provide the current EUIPO representative ID.
What we need from you
In order for us to process your bulk request please email email@example.com and provide the following information in advance of the service going live:
Posted by: Blog Administrator @ 17.05
Brexit, UK IPO, ,
- Name of firm/representative
- Named individual or contact person
- Email address contact telephone
- Estimated number of rights
Sharing on Social Media? Use the link below...
Reader Comments: 0
Post a Comment
MARQUES does not guarantee the accuracy of the information in this blog. The views are those of the individual contributors and do not necessarily reflect those of MARQUES. Seek professional advice before action on any information included here.
The Class 46 Archive