Readers attending the 141st Annual Meeting of the International Trademark Association (INTA) at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center in Massachusetts (USA) from 18 to 22 May may be interested in the following information from WIPO:
Madrid System Users' Meeting
Date: Sunday, May 19 (10:15–12:00)
Venue: Room 258A
A unique opportunity to engage directly with WIPO experts and special guests.
- Updates on the Madrid System for the International Registration of Marks and the Hague System for the International Registration of Industrial Designs – with Registry Directors David Muls and Grégoire Bisson
- A session with trademark representatives on the Better Use of the Madrid System: Online Services for the Maintenance of Rights with the Madrid Information and Promotion Division Director Ásta Valdimarsdóttir
- Introducing newly acceded members, with representatives from:
- Canada – A representative of the Canadian Intellectual Property Office;
- Malawi – Chifwayi Chirambo, Chief Assistant Registrar General, Department of the Registrar General;
- Samoa – Pulotu Lyndon Chiu Ling, Chief Executive Officer, Registrar, Registries of Companies and Intellectual Property Division (RCIP).
More details here.
The WIPO Booth
Meet WIPO experts and representatives of members' IP offices and get answers to all your questions about the Madrid and Hague Systems, at the WIPO booth (no. 101) in the Exhibition Hall A.
You can also learn more about the upcoming Domain Name Conference and get the latest on IP dispute resolution from the WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center.
Online services demos
Online services demo sessions at the WIPO booth return for 2019. We’ll be showing off our recently launched AI-powered image-search technology – a faster and easier way to establish trademark distinction in target markets and our new Madrid e-Renewal service.
Search before filing with WIPO’s Global Brand Database: new AI image search
- Monday, May 20 (10:30 – 11:00)
Overview of Madrid online services
- Monday, May 20 (11:30 – 12:00)
- Monday, May 20 (15:30 – 16:00)
- Tuesday, May 21 (10:30 – 11:00)
- Tuesday, May 21 (15:30 – 16:00)
- Wednesday, May 22 (11:30 – 12:00)
Compile and translate your list of goods and services
- Tuesday, May 21 (14:30 – 15:00)
Manage and renew your international registration: Madrid Portfolio Manager and e-Renewal service
- Monday, May 20 (14:30 – 15:00)
- Tuesday, May 21 (11: 30 – 12:00)
- Wednesday, May 22 (10:30 – 11:00)
Table Topic sessions
Your chance to discuss a wide range of contemporary topics within small groups of like-minded professionals over breakfast or lunch – and enjoy some great networking opportunities:
The Madrid System: Common Pitfalls and how to Avoid them
Ásta Valdimarsdóttir, Director, Madrid Information and Promotion Division, Madrid Registry
Monday, May 20 (08:00 – 10:00)
Protecting Industrial Designs Internationally: The Hague Agreement concerning the International Registration of Industrial Designs
Grégoire Bisson, Director, Hague Registry
Tuesday, May 21 (08:00 – 10:00)
How to Resolve your IP Dispute through WIPO ADR
Erik Wilbers, Senior Director, WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center
Wednesday, May 22 (08:00 – 10:00)
Domain Name Disputes: an Update on WIPO UDRP Jurisprudence – including GDPR-related Issues
Brian Beckham, Head of the Internet Dispute Resolution Section, WIPO Arbitration and Mediation Center
Wednesday, May 22 (13:15 – 15:15)