THURSDAY, 22 MAY 2008
Spain – MARQUES organizes the “First Meeting with the Spanish Judges of the Community Trade Mark Courts”.
MARQUES (“the Association of European Trade Mark Owners”) hosts the “First Meeting with the (Spanish) Judges of the Community Trade Mark Courts”. This meeting will be held on Wednesday 11 June 2008 in the Auditorium of the Office for Harmonisation for the Internal Market (OHIM) in Alicante, Spain.
Speakers include quite a complete representation of the Spanish Community trade mark judiciary members (all based in Alicante):
- His Honor Mr. Rafael Fuentes Devesa (Judge of the Community Trade Mark Court no. 1),
- His Honor Mr. Francisco José Soriano Guzmán (Judge of the Community Trade Mark Tribunal),
- His Honor Mr. Luis Antonio Soler Pascual (Judge of the Community Trade Mark Tribunal),
- His Honor Mr. Enrique García-Chamón Cervera (Presiding Judge of the Community Trade mark Tribunal).
There also will be other notable participants. Mr Guido Baumgartner (Coty Prestige Lancaster Group GMBH), Mr Joao Miranda de Sousa (Director G.A.E.R.D. OHIM), Ms Jennifer Powers (Red Bull GmbH) and Ms Cristina Duch (MARQUES External Relations Officer) are also chairing different sessions.
The attendance fee is Euro 150 for MARQUES members and Euro 300 for non-members. Simultaneous translation from Spanish to English / English to Spanish will be provided.
The event has pan-European relevance as according to the Council Regulation (EC) No 40/94 (“the CTM Regulation”), the Spanish Community Trade Marks Courts have international jurisdiction when
- neither defendant nor claimant are domiciled or have an establishment in the EU (Art. 91(2) of the CTM Regulation) and
- no specific national court has jurisdiction over cases not included in the catalogue of Art. 92 of the CTM Regulation (that is to say infringement actions, actions in respect of threatened infringement relating to Community trade marks, declaration of non-infringement, cases based on a Community trade mark application, counterclaims for revocation or for a declaration of invalidity of the Community trade mark), as per Art. 102(2)) of the CTM Regulation.
Further information on the agenda is available here.
Posted by: Ignacio Marques @ 18.00
Tags: Community trade mark courts, conference, OHIM, Spain,